Thursday, January 25, 2007

Luck Be a Lady

Luck. Some people have it. Some don't. I've known individuals who seem to float through life, untouched by the tragedy, disappointment, setbacks and heartache that tarnish the rest of our lives. To my eternal regret, I am not one of those people. Sometimes it seems like I'm the unluckiest person of all time. In this past month alone, I've crashed my bike, didn't get a job I really wanted, found out an article I submitted to a magazine wasn't accepted and had to cancel plans for a trip I'd been planning on taking. In fact, I've decided that January has been declared, "Stomp on Rebekah Month." It feels like a giant hand is pressing down on me, and I can't seem to get out from under it. Somehow, though, when things look really grim and I can't see my way through the disaster I happen to be caught up in, things just kind of work out. And maybe that's my kind of luck. It's not quite the same thing as winning the lottery, but I'll take it.

No comments: