Thursday, December 28, 2006

How Do You Spell Narcissism???

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. For months I've fought the allure of the blog, telling myself that it was nothing but narcissism to think that anything I have to say (my rants, ramblings, musings, random thoughts, ideas, etc...) would be of any interest to the world. And yet here I am. Feel free to hurl the H word (as in hypocrite). But, wait. There's a reason I'm doing this now. I'm a writer (did I mention that before?) who's been accused of suffering from writer's block. Not something you want when you're trying to pay the rent. While I disagree with the diagnosis, I have to admit I've become somewhat lazy (okay, totally slackass) about my writing, and starting a blog is my way of flexing that flaccid muscle. This blog is a writing exercise, and because I'm a stream-of-consciousness girl, I'm going to use it to write about anything and everything. Film, literature, travel, music, relationships, misadventures, sports, food, art, architecture, fashion, diy projects, volunteering, environmentalism... well, you get the idea. Nothing is sacred, and on occasion (when it's warranted), I'll be skewering certain people/ideas/fads on the point of my newly sharpened poison... pen? Hmmm. Guess I need to work on that metaphor. Stay tuned...

No comments: